“I have never condemned women who wanted a good life, I just did not understand men who complain that women only need money … But they themselves look at well-groomed people, in beautiful dresses, with long hair, who smell pleasantly and who hold neat manicure … They say beauty requires sacrifice … Nonsense! Beauty requires money!”
Karl is not wrong in many respects, because a woman really invests a lot of effort and money in looking beautiful with chic. Every woman is trying to get the most out of their abilities. Naturally, not everyone can cover everything. So how to look beautiful and expensive? Here are the rules that you should pay attention first.
Demonstrate taste, not brightness, kitsch, or high value items. Style is more valuable than fashion. It’s makes you unique. The abundance of rhinestones, feathers, lurex, mime blouses, bows and creepy rosettes is better to avoid. They look cute, but will not be helpers in creating an expensive image.
Let some zest be present in every outfit, which will set you apart from the rest. This may be an unusual accessory, a handkerchief, tied, in a non-standard way, brooch, pinned in an unusual place.
3. Well-groomed and right-looking.
Clean hair, in a natural hairstyle or combed into the style that suits you, a neat manicure, a toned figure and delicate skin will decorate any outfit. Things must also be kept in order, be clean, ironed and fit well. Trousers that do not sufficiently cover a heel or sleeve of irregular length, like many other nuances, can destroy even the most beautiful image. Do not skimp on a good dressmaker, fit things around the figure, or use individual tailoring. Choose only the styles that adorn you.
4. Less logos, no fakes, more quality.
A sign of good taste and chic will be a choice of quality items, logos that are not on display. Style and quality will speak more about your ability to choose worthy things. It’s no secret that good-quality shoes and a bag will help make even a simple outfit more expensive. Try to bypass clothing made of 100% synthetic. Avoid copies of famous brands. Agree, the girl who gets to work every day by bus, carrying a Louis Vuitton bag in her hands, is a sad sight.
5. Jewelry, bijouterie worn even by very wealthy people. It is modern and creative. The main rule – jewelry should not imitate jewelry. Otherwise, it is not a style, but a vulgar fake.
6. Classic- style for ages.
If you are his supporter, you as anyone will have to pay attention to the quality of clothing. It is this style, concise and noble, gives the origin of the material. The better the fabric, the more expensive the image. Classic items made from cheap materials will never make you elegant.
Feel the difference:
Wearing faux fur is now not shameful. Many designers offer such models. This is especially true for animal advocates and those who simply cannot afford natural fur. Again, never choose faux fur, dyed with natural. Prefer bright and unusual shades.
8. Increase the value of things.
Many designer things are very simple in style. It is very easy to make your things more expensive simply by changing the usual accessories to more refined ones. Replace the simple buttons of your tweed jacket with carved metal ones or trim your jacket’s lapel with a stylish edging, etc.
Do not chase to buy new items of the season. Replenish your wardrobe according to your style. On the whole, the trend already implies that many will dress like this. It will devalue your individuality.
Do not chase a number of things, otherwise, as often happens, the wardrobe is full of things, and there is nothing to wear. May all your purchases not be random. All things should favorably emphasize your beauty and taste.
11. Sense of Measure
Do not overdo it with decorations, details, make-up, an abundance of hairspray, nail design. Let the image be one accent, the other you can leave the next exit. Do not wear everything at once.
“It’s cheap that you wear it without a feeling of self-confidence.”
Erich Maria Remarque
Do not wear what you feel trapped in. This is not yours. Look for yourself in clothes. Carry yourself with unforced dignity. Try to learn how to show yourself beautifully, but do not impose yourself and not be arrogant. Good posture, confident graceful gait, easy smile, polite and friendly attitude is the key to success.
Documentary and feature films, about models and department stores – TopFriends editors collected the best films about fashion. They need to be seen at least in order to …
1. Funny face, 1957. To see Audrey Hepburn in Givenchy outfits.
2. Notes on clothes and cities, 1989. Images from the workshop of Yoji Yamamoto.
3. High Fashion, 1994. See the world where everyone gently hates each other.
4. Podium, 1995. Learn about the first steps of Kristy Turlington in the fashion business.
5. Gia, 1998. Look at the young Angelina Jolie in the image of the top model of the 90s.
6. Verushka – life in front of the camera, 2005. Listen to the history of a model prone to psychoanalysis.
7. Model male, 2001. To find out who is the male model N1 in the world
8. The Devil Wears PRADA, 2006. That`s all.
9. Annie Leibovitz: Life through a camera lens, 2006. On the life and inspiration of one of the best photographers of our time.
10. Secrets of Lagerfeld, 2007. See Karl’s personal library.
11. Gloss, 2007. See the whole truth about the Russian glamour.
12. Valentino: The Last Emperor, 2008. Passions in Italian.
13. Sex and the City, 2008. To choose the best wedding dress.
14. Shopaholic, 2009. Understand that a credit card is not your friend. And the labels should look closer.
15. September issue, 2009. To see Anna’s answer to “The Devil Wears PRADA”.
16. Flower of the Desert, 2009. In order to understand, success must be fought.
17. Coco Before Chanel, 2009. To hear the very song “Ko-ko”.
18. Yves Saint Laurent, 2013. Firstly, it is beautiful.
19. McQueen and me.
20. Elite Society, 2013. Sometimes love to clothes can end very badly.
21. Mademoiselle C, 2013. To hear, Karin Roytfeld sing “Memorial Parties”.
22. Director: evolution in three acts, 2013. Then still Frida Giannini was a creative director of GUCCI.
23. Scatter My Ashes At Bergdorf, 2013. To understand that for someone departmen store is a paradise on Earth.
24. Saint Laurent (film). CAUTION: FILM 18+
25. Dior and I, 2015. To see how the collection of Haute Couture was created in 4 weeks.
“That’s a real French perfume! Smells so expensive! ”- said the heroine of the film“The Irony of Fate, or Enjoy Your Bath!». Nadia, received a New Year’s gift from her fiance Hippolyte.
Most likely, she did not know how expensive the perfume is. If Hippolyte gave her one of the most expensive perfumes in the world, she would be more likely to be able to admire gifts – she would simply have lost the power of speech. You too can not imagine perfumes for several thousand, or even tens of thousands of dollars?
Here’s Top-10 most expensive perfumes ever created.
10. Jar Parfums Bolt of Lightning
These perfumes have a rare, truly unique, very persistent odor that penetrates the skin and persists for several days. Jar Parfums Bolt of Lightning – ideal summer perfume, it costs $765. People versed in perfumery are believed that these spirits are worth the money they are paying for. It is believed that such spirits should be used in special cases. The name Jar comes from the initials of the famous jeweler Joel A. Rosental, who is the author of both the perfume and the bottle.
9. Joy от Jean Patou
This is a classic, fashionable at all times fragrance that suits bright women. The first bottles of perfume Joy appeared on sale in 1930. The author of the perfume is the world-famous perfumer Jean Pato, who had to spend 336 roses and 10,000 jasmine flowers to create 30 ml of perfumes. A bottle of such spirits will cost you $800. By the way, the bottle itself is made of the famous crystal “baccarat”.
8. Shalini Parfums’ Shalini
This perfume has a very sensual fragrance. Perfume Shalini designed for a modern, bold and independent woman. Perfumes are available in limited quantities, one bottle costs about $900. The fragrance includes coriander, ylang-ylang, vanilla, musk, sandalwood and tuberose.
7. 24 Fauborg от Hermes
These spirits got their name after the address where the legendary Hermes house was located, whose spirits are always included in the list of the 10 most expensive spirits of the world. The aroma includes orange tree, iris, roses and other floral motifs. Perfumes were released in limited quantities, you could buy them at a price of $1,500 per bottle. The bottle itself, created by St.Louis, is made from the highest quality crystal.
6. Annick Goutal’s Eau d’Hadrien
These perfumes appeared in perfumery stores in 1996. The author of the perfume – Annick Goutal – famous perfumer and pianist. The aroma includes bergamot, grapefruit, mint, tangerine, Sicilian lemon and cypress. A bottle of such spirits is worth $1,500.
5. Baccarats Les Larmes Sacress de Thebe
These are very rare perfumes that are hard to find and buy. The composition of the fragrance includes myrrh and incense. The bottle is made of crystal “baccarat”. Perfumes cost about 1,700 dollars.
4. Chanel No. 5
This is not only very expensive, but also extremely popular perfumes from the famous Coco Chanel. These perfumes are adored by both ordinary women and celebrities and elites. Despite the impressive high cost (1850 dollars per bottle), every 30 seconds somewhere in the world a bottle of these truly legendary perfumes is sold.
3. Caron’s Poivre
These are so-called “unisex” perfumes that can be used by both men and women.
Perfume was created in 1954. The aroma includes black pepper, cloves, red pepper and other spices. That is why the perfume is called Poivre, which in French means “pepper”. A bottle of these spirits, which are produced in limited quantities, is worth $2,000.
2. Clive Christian No. 1
This perfume was used by Katie Holmes on the day of her marriage. The fragrance includes vanilla, sandalwood, orris, and ylang ylang. Clive Christian No. 1 is worth 2150 dollars, and clearly not only the perfume is included in the price, but also a bottle made by hand and decorated with a 3 carat diamond.
1.Clive Christian’s Imperial Majesty
This perfume is the record holder of the book of records of Guinness as the most expensive perfume in the world. The cost of a bottle of perfume Imperial Magesty is 215,000 dollars! I would like to know, for which lovers of exquisite aromas paid such money? These perfumes was released in the amount of only 10 bottles, decorated with a gold rim and a 5 carat diamond. The price includes perfume delivery on the Bentley. The fragrance of the Imperial Magesty perfume consists of 200 rare ingredients.